Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 22, 2017, 01:47:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: So true.  (Read 11684 times)

Offline easyg

So true.
« on: April 09, 2014, 08:32:52 PM »

Scenario
:
Johnny and Mark get into a fight after school.

1945 -
Crowd gathers. Mark wins. Johnny and Mark shake hands and end up best friends.

2013 -
Police called, and they arrest Johnny and Mark. Charge them with assault, both expelled even though Johnny started it. Both children go to anger management programmes for 3 months. School governors hold meeting to implement bullying prevention programmes.

Scenario
:
Robbie won't be still in class, disrupts other students.

1945 -
Robbie sent to the office and given six of the best by the Principal. Returns to class, sits still and does not disrupt class again.

2013 -
Robbie given huge doses of Ritalin. Becomes a zombie. Tested for ADHD - result deemed to be positive. Robbie's parents get fortnightly disability payments and school gets extra funding from government because Robbie has a disability.

Scenario
:
Billy breaks a window in his neighbour's car and his Dad gives him a whopping with his belt.

1945 -
Billy is more careful next time, grows up normal, goes to college, and becomes a successful businessman.

2013 -
Billy's dad is arrested for child abuse. Billy removed to foster care; joins a gang; ends up in jail.

Scenario
:
Mark gets a headache and takes some aspirin to school.

1945 -
Mark gets glass of water from Principal to take aspirin with. Passes exams, becomes a solicitor.

2013-
Police called, car searched for drugs and weapons. Mark expelled from school for drug taking. Ends up as a drop out.

Scenario
:
Johnny takes apart leftover fireworks from Cracker night, puts them in a paint tin & blows up a wasps’ nest.

1945 -
Wasps die.

2013-
Police & Anti-Terrorism Squad called. Johnny charged with domestic terrorism, investigate parents, siblings removed from home, computers confiscated. Johnny's Dad goes on a terror watch list and is never allowed to fly in an aeroplane again.

Scenario
:
Johnny falls over while running during morning break and scrapes his knee. He is found crying by his teacher, Mary. She hugs him to comfort him.

1945 -
In a short time, Johnny feels better and goes on playing footie. No damage done.

2013 -
Mary is accused of being a sexual predator and loses her job. She faces 3 years in prison. Johnny undergoes 5 years of therapy and ends up gay.

This should be sent to every e-mail address you know to remind us how stupid we have become!
« Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 11:40:14 AM by Haqa »

I said to my wife "the only reason that you argue with me till exhaustion, is you like to hear the sound of your own voice"

Offline spuggie j

• Administrator
  • I aint the full shilling!!!!
Re: So true.
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2014, 08:40:26 PM »

Scenario
:
Johnny and Mark get into a fight after school.

1945 -
Crowd gathers. Mark wins. Johnny and Mark shake hands and end up best friends.

2013 -
Police called, and they arrest Johnny and Mark. Charge them with assault, both expelled even though Johnny started it. Both children go to anger management programmes for 3 months. School governors hold meeting to implement bullying prevention programmes.

Scenario
:
Robbie won't be still in class, disrupts other students.

1945 -
Robbie sent to the office and given six of the best by the Principal. Returns to class, sits still and does not disrupt class again.

2013 -
Robbie given huge doses of Ritalin. Becomes a zombie. Tested for ADHD - result deemed to be positive. Robbie's parents get fortnightly disability payments and school gets extra funding from government because Robbie has a disability.

Scenario
:
Billy breaks a window in his neighbour's car and his Dad gives him a whopping with his belt.

1945 -
Billy is more careful next time, grows up normal, goes to college, and becomes a successful businessman.

2013 -
Billy's dad is arrested for child abuse. Billy removed to foster care; joins a gang; ends up in jail.

Scenario
:
Mark gets a headache and takes some aspirin to school.

1945 -
Mark gets glass of water from Principal to take aspirin with. Passes exams, becomes a solicitor.

2013-
Police called, car searched for drugs and weapons. Mark expelled from school for drug taking. Ends up as a drop out.

Scenario
:
Johnny takes apart leftover fireworks from Cracker night, puts them in a paint tin & blows up a wasps’ nest.

1945 -
Wasps die.

2013-
Police & Anti-Terrorism Squad called. Johnny charged with domestic terrorism, investigate parents, siblings removed from home, computers confiscated. Johnny's Dad goes on a terror watch list and is never allowed to fly in an aeroplane again.

Scenario
:
Johnny falls over while running during morning break and scrapes his knee. He is found crying by his teacher, Mary. She hugs him to comfort him.

1945 -
In a short time, Johnny feels better and goes on playing footie. No damage done.

2013 -
Mary is accused of being a sexual predator and loses her job. She faces 3 years in prison. Johnny undergoes 5 years of therapy and ends up gay.

This should be sent to every e-mail address you know to remind us how stupid we have become!

There is a good example of how not to do things right. The more modern we become the more stupidity rules our lives. So much for learning from the past.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Talk Britain, site owners, admins or mods!!

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Offline Bruv

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2014, 08:53:03 PM »
I will wait before I reply ........gotta see what Von says first.
If murderers don't value life, how will they value the Laws against murder.
Bruv

Offline easyg

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2014, 09:35:27 PM »
Being of a certain age :rolleye0012: I can relate to this so much.
I said to my wife "the only reason that you argue with me till exhaustion, is you like to hear the sound of your own voice"

Offline spuggie j

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2014, 09:42:16 PM »
 A good wupping did more good than harm. Thats my view. A quick and painful way to learn a lesson.
All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Talk Britain, site owners, admins or mods!!

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Offline shillelagh

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2014, 09:49:50 PM »
Scenario :

1945 - Billy is more careful next time, grows up normal, goes to college, and becomes a successful businessman.

2013 - Billy's dad is arrested for child abuse. Billy removed to foster care; joins a gang; ends up in jail.

in my case it was a NORI brick going through the kitchen window ... just missing my mums head ..... and it was my mum who gave me the whupping and not with a belt either .. t'was her hand that did the damage ... not my dad he was laughing behind my mum .....  :smilol:

Offline Ragnar von Spreuth

• Sau Preuße und stolz darauf.
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2014, 08:21:11 PM »
Spare the whip, spoil the child.
I could take control of the country but then nobody with any foresight would want me to. Things could get very strange, very quickly.

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2014, 08:22:20 PM »

Bruv, thats O.K, I will alow you to comment independantly if you wish.  :th_yes:
I could take control of the country but then nobody with any foresight would want me to. Things could get very strange, very quickly.

Offline Bruv

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2014, 09:35:12 PM »

Jesus Christ !!!!!
He's adapted that to fit in with his draconian ideas......the saying is spare the ROD Von..... whips are for caribou and horses, and wives,even you should know that.
I'm not opposed to a timely judicious physical chastisement, but it should be a last resort.

And in respect to all the other 'scenarios' lots of such events go on as the used to, only the high profile news worthy ones are known about.
But yes we are all too scare of offending sensibilities or crossing PC lines these days.

Wey aye Back on form !!!

If murderers don't value life, how will they value the Laws against murder.
Bruv

Offline easyg

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2014, 10:41:09 PM »

Bruv, thats O.K, I will alow you to comment independantly if you wish.  :th_yes:
I despair of you Von. :bis: A couple of years ago, you would have been somewhat more vocal shall we say, in your reply to Bruv.  :wtf:

Offline shillelagh

« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2014, 03:14:26 PM »

Jesus Christ !!!!!
He's adapted that to fit in with his draconian ideas......the saying is spare the ROD Von..... whips are for caribou and horses, and wives,even you should know that.
I'm not opposed to a timely judicious physical chastisement, but it should be a last resort.

And in respect to all the other 'scenarios' lots of such events go on as the used to, only the high profile news worthy ones are known about.
But yes we are all too scare of offending sensibilities or crossing PC lines these days.

Wey aye Back on form !!!

no theyre not bruv .... they are for the female species to whip the male species into shape ......  :rolleye0012: :smilol:

Offline easyg

« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2014, 05:24:43 PM »

Jesus Christ !!!!!

Wey aye Back on form !!!

no theyre not bruv .... they are for the female species to whip the male species into shape ......  :rolleye0012: :smilol:
Don't promise things you cannot deliver Shill

Offline spuggie j

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2014, 05:51:31 PM »
 Now I could be in a really big pile of horse dung if she is thinking along those lines!!!!!

:bigcry: :whip:

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2014, 08:44:06 PM »

I despair of you Von. :bis: A couple of years ago, you would have been somewhat more vocal shall we say, in your reply to Bruv.  :wtf:

Sorry to dissapoint.  :smilol:

Offline shillelagh

« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2014, 09:18:30 PM »

Jesus Christ !!!!!

Wey aye Back on form !!!

Don't promise things you cannot deliver Shill

who says I cant?  :rolleye0012: :smilol:  if I cant find a whip .. I do have a blackthorn walking stick ...  :rolleye0012:
« Last Edit: April 13, 2014, 09:21:18 PM by shillelagh »

5 Guests, 0 Users

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 20074
  • Total Topics: 1534
  • Online Today: 20
  • Online Ever: 163
  • (September 12, 2016, 12:57:42 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0